POLICY : Cruises
Terms and conditions
- Food and drinks may only be purchased at Pont de Val Winery and brought onto the boat.
- By paying for your booking you indicate that you have read, understood and agree to Dragonfly Boat Cruises Terms and Conditions.
- The outstanding balance needs to be paid before the boat will depart.
- Any mischievous behaviour that could lead to injury will not be tolerated. Your safety is most important to us.
- If guests are late, the duration of your cruise will be affected.
- Departure times are not negotiable on the day of your cruise.
- During the picnic on the river, Dragonfly Boat Cruises reserves the right of admissions, and will cancel the cruise should any problems arise.
- Each person boarding the boat will be required to sign an Indemnity Form.
- Only in the event of rain and lightning will a cruise be cancelled, postponed or rescheduled.
- Deposits paid to reserve your booking are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- A cancellation fee will be charged if your cruise is cancelled.
- All children under the age of 12 are legally required to wear a life-jacket. Cruise will not take place or will be terminated if child refuses to wear a life jacket.
- Passengers need to remain seated on the boat.
- Passengers need to follow the instructions of the skipper at all times.
- No shoes allowed onto the boat. Shoes may be placed in basket when boarding the boat.
- In the event of raised water levels and departure from restaurant not possible – cruises scheduled for Restaurant departure will need to depart from the picnic park side due to it having a floating jetty.
- If a VIP cruise with meals or three course meals have been booked with the Restaurant and departure is not possible from the restaurant then the meals will need to be enjoyed at the restaurant before or after the scheduled time of cruise. Food will not be able to be served onto the boat departing from picnic park jetty. Cruise will still take place at scheduled time as long as water levels are safe. If the cruise is not able to take place – food will still be served at the restaurant and the boat cruise will be rescheduled for another date.
Cancellation Policy: Cruises
Amendments and Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations and amendments to a booking must be submitted in writing. No amendments are guaranteed until written confirmation is provided by Dragonfly.
- Amendments must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival date.
- Should a change to the reservation not be possible and should the guest cancel for this reason, the conditions for the cancellation of reservation listed below will be enforced. The following are examples of cancellation of reservation: change of accommodation unit, and all changes done within 30 days of the arrival date or during use of the accommodation unit.
In case of cancellation of a confirmed reservation, the date of receipt of the written cancellation is used to calculate cancellation fee.
- Between 7 days and less, or no show on the day: visitor forfeits any and all payment refunds
- Between 8-14 days prior: 25% of full rate will be refunded.
- Between 15-21 days prior: 50% of full rate will be refunded.
- More than 21 days prior: 75% of full rate will be refunded.
- No money will be refunded in case of earlier departure.
- Refunds will only be made once 100% proof from our banking institutions has been received. This process could take 7 to 10 working days.
Cancellation or re-scheduling of a booking: Cruises
- Booking can only be cancelled or rescheduled due to rainy weather and unsafe water conditions caused by the Barrage water gates. This will be decided on the morning of the booking.
- Wind and cold weather will not be a reason to cancel or reschedule the booking. The cruise will still go ahead as scheduled.
- Cruises will not be rescheduled due to late-coming of guests. Guests need to be on time for their cruise and will lose time on the boat if late.
- In the event of “An Act of God” and the cruise has to be cancelled on the day due to rain or unsafe water conditions caused by the Barrage water gates, the cruise will be rescheduled.
- If the client would not like to reschedule the cruise, an admin fee of R300 will be charged and the remaining payment received will be refunded. This process could take 7 working days.